"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine...to him be glory...for ever and ever!" (Ephesians 3:20-21)

Monday, September 07, 2009

Celebrating our Little Lady

Still catching up........

So we returned from our CO and OH adventures respectively on the eve of August 14, just in time to celebrate Z's first birthday with a bash at our house on her actual birthday, Saturday the 15th. Not exactly the ideal timing for executing a party, but I had done as much as I could ahead of time so that we were relatively prepared for the event upon our return.

The invitation invited our guests to "Come join the fun! Our little lady is turning ONE!" which hinted at the theme for Z's party - lady bugs! Each year I tell myself that I am NOT going to make the cake but each year I convince myself that I can do it.....this year was no different but I must say I have learned a thing or two along the way with T. This in no way means that I am comfortable making and decorating cakes, but I do think I have improved ever so slightly. Anyway, here's a glimpse at Z's lady bug cake and cupcakes.We had a great evening with family and friends. Thanks to all who came! Though the pictures show her looking a bit stoic (or perhaps more shell shocked), Z really did enjoy herself as well!

3 comments:

Rob and Carrie said...

Looks like so much fun! I love the theme and the cake. We missed seeing the pictures, so we're glad you're back. Mack loves looking at your blog, too!

Becky said...

what lovely red frosting ;)

Emily said...

your cake and cupcakes are amazing! nice work! I'd say you could have a side career!

the Thompson's