"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine...to him be glory...for ever and ever!" (Ephesians 3:20-21)

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

T is for Tuesday. Tuesday is for T.

Here are this week's Tidbits:
****************************
You may have remembered from a previous post that we are reading through a devotional with T before bedtime that I used to read when I was little. The other night, one of the entries that we read was called, "See What I Can Do!" and it started out with some sentences that T was supposed to complete. Here they are (with T's answers in italics):

I can jump as high as a.........tall building.
I can reach as tall as a..........man.
I can hop as far as a.........rabbit.
I can take steps as big as a.........dinosaur.
I can laugh as much as a........kid.
I can wink like a......lighthouse.

I can wiggle as fast as a.........blow up guy on the building (this one takes a little explaining but if you have ever seen a blow up guy like he's referencing, it's really a great answer. There are a couple of stores around us that use these inflatable guys as advertisements. The guys are long and narrow (kind of pencil shaped) and they are mounted on top of a building and then inflated causing them to wriggle and flail around in the wind).

I can smile because.......I have Jesus in my heart.
**************************
After having "taken care of business", T came out of the bathroom seemingly trying to rearrange himself. "You OK, T?" Michael asked. "Yeah. I'm OK. Look what I did (pulling his shorts down a bit). My tinkler was peeking out of my underwear a little bit but I just poked it right back in!"
*************************
Here's another bedtime story - this time we were reading the story of Noah and the ark out of T's Bible in correlation with that particular evening's devotional. When we got to the part about Noah being 600 years old, T expressed his amazement at someone being 600 years old. Then T said, "When I turned 600, I had a HUGE birthday party with flags and all kinds of other stuff. It was cool."
**************************
On our trip to the zoo yesterday, I took T to use the facilities. While we were in the stall and he was taking care of business, I realized that I needed to relieve myself as well. When I told T that I needed to go too, he said, "Too bad you can't play swords with me like Daddy does." When I asked for clarification, he told me that one time he and Daddy went "potty" together "at the same time" and played swords......I guess to a little boy two dueling streams of "tinkle" is a great way to "play swords".
****************************
And finally, here are some pics of T in the car yesterday, on our way home from the zoo, trying to entertain his sister who was more than ready for a nap.

1 comment:

erinmarie said...

Great post...so many comments! First there is one of those "wiggly men" near the mall here & everytime I pass it I think how much T would love it (he IS red/white/blue) Also love the lighthouse answer... how creative T! And was that really his answer to why he smiles?! How precious you are raising one amazing lil man! And lastly love the "adjusting" story =) That's a "talent" you'll use a lot in life T!