"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine...to him be glory...for ever and ever!" (Ephesians 3:20-21)

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mom's Day!

While preparing a devotional to share at a shower for Baby Piper last week, I stumbled across some funny little bits of wisdom that kids had to say about moms. In honor of today, this day that celebrates moms, I thought I would share them with all of you. They're good for a chuckle!

Question: How did God make moms?
"Magic, plus super powers and a lot of stirring."
"God made Mom just the same like he made me. He just used bigger parts."

Question: What ingredients are moms made of?
"God makes moms out of clouds, angel hair and everything nice in the world. And then he adds one dab of mean."
"They had to get their start from men's bones. Then they mostly use string, I think."

Question: Who's the boss at your house?"
"Mom doesn't want to be the boss, but she has to because dad's such a goofball."
"I guess Mom is, but only because she has a lot more to do than dad."

Question: What's the difference between moms and dads?
"Moms work at work and work at home. Dads just have to work at work."
"Dads are taller and stronger, but moms have all the real power because that's who you have to ask if you want to sleep over at your friend's house."

Oh, and one more little tidbit, here's one of my favorite songs - in honor of Mom's!

Gotta go - I'm being paged over the monitor.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

No comments: