"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine...to him be glory...for ever and ever!" (Ephesians 3:20-21)

Monday, November 13, 2006

T's Beloved Blue Dog


Anybody who knows T very well also knows how much he loves his "blue dog". This well-loved stuffed puppy was given to T when he was born by M's Aunt P. Blue Dog is the one and only friend that Mr. T goes to sleep with each night and naps with each day. He even makes the trip to Miss Tricia's house every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. We have purchased a back-up blue dog should the need arise but, so far, Blue Dog #2 has not been accepted with the same vigor as the original.

One day, when I picked up T from Miss Tricia's house, I neglected to collect Blue Dog. I did not realize my neglect until it was bedtime later that night. Have no fear, I thought, Blue Dog #2 is here! Or not. T is no dummy. At first sniff, my secret was out, the impersonator easily detected and just as quickly rejected as he was forcefully chucked out of the crib by our own Mr. T (it's a good thing Miss Tricia lives so close to us). Since this episode, we have been trying to help T warm up to #2 so that if and when #1 is no longer able to complete his duties, #2 will be more readily accepted. To date, this mission has not yet been successful. Stay tuned.....

3 comments:

Svoblogger said...

Zeb goes to bed with his brown 'american family' bear everynight. and almost on accident he has started to go to bed with bear and pooh. and I would think that if one were missing in action, or misplaced - zeb wouldn't be too upset about just having the one. maybe instead of a decoy blue dog, you could find a different stuffed animal to help out in the crunch.

just an idea.

Family said...

Oh I love the story of blue dog!! Carrie had 2 look alike pink blankets when she was his age. The blankets had yarn ties on them. She would twist the yarn up her nose when she went to sleep. Needless to say I was so happy we had 2 blankets so I could slip one away to wash it. Carrie Slanger's mom :-)

Rob and Carrie said...

Hey, I thought you were supposed to be screening these comments! Who let that one through? I think she just made that story up! :)
Carrie